CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Day Two.

So I'm cranky.

REALLY CRANKY.

Let's start from yesterday:

I really was ok until I ate the first meal of the day [which, being that it was Sunday and I'm lazy, was about 3pm]. That's when the cravings started.

As I've said, it's not unusual for me to eat dessert after every meal and I wasn't over-exaggerating. Actually, I'm beginning to realize that 90% of the time, dessert is really the only reason I eat the meal to begin with. Eating dinner becomes the steps in the race to a finish line called chocolate. But now, I finish...with no finish [there's a cruder saying I could use here, but my mother reads this, I'm sure you're all with me though: 'it's like.....with no....']. So yesterday, I polished off my bowl of chili to find that the end of the meal was in fact the end of the meal. No sweet ending? My taste buds were distraught.

So, I continued eating.

Two bowls of chili and half a bag of wheat thin chips later and I still wasn't satisfied. So I had a yogurt. Now, I still haven't decided the exact rules of this experiment, but for now 'giving up sugar' entails those items that are traditionally considered 'sugary.' Chocolate, brownies, cookies, candies, basically anything your grandmother used to warn you was going to rot your teeth. Yogurt is a gray area. Perhaps by week two it will be eliminated due to high fructose corn syrup located second on it's ingredients list, but for this week it will be used in absolute emergencies.

By bedtime, I was worse. As in two-cups-of-coffee jitters and a one-track mind focused solely on chocolate worse. I might have even dreamed in chocolate, but cannot remember since I only ended up with about 4 hours of sleep [I'm normally a 7-8 kind of girl]. So this morning, I was tired, cranky, and...for some reason...really thirsty.

That brings me to the second 'symptom' I seem to be experiencing: cotton mouth.
I guess it's possible that I'm noticing something that would have already been there, but today has consisted of more trips to the water cooler than usual combined with a 'flemmy' feeling in my throat that just can't be cleared [so attractive, I know].

Other noted sensations include dry eyes, dry skin [but it is winter], slight headache, and sweating [yes, sweating. Not hard-core heroine addict sweating, but still, sweating at the sight of a cookie is not normal behavior.]

And did I mention I'm REALLY FREAKIN' CRANKY!

If I can just get thru week one, right? It's got to get easier after that...

0 comments: