CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day Eleven.

1:30pm-

Have solved the problem of craving something sweet to end a meal: Tea. Yes, I'd fit right in with the Brits as I brew a pot of hot herbal to end every meal with.

And the added warmth in winter is a nice bonus.

8:40pm-

I'm in love...with a grocery store. I drove up to Trader Joe's tonight after work to buy organic peanut butter and left with $40 in delicious food [but ironically forgot the peanut butter]. The store is known for it's healthy food choices so I was in vegetarian heaven.

Among my purchases were many ready-made items [I'm too lazy to cook for just myself] like pasta with eggplant and zucchini, brown rice with mushrooms, spicy buttered veggies, and organic wine [which I'm currently a glass and a half into]. In addition to the health food, they also have shelves labeled with artistically designed prices [each one different from the next] and a section of beauty care that I've only read about in the 'green' issues of my magazines.

The best part though was the sense of community among the shoppers. We were all there because we are health-conscious, socially-minded, recyclers and we just 'get' each other. One stranger recommended the organic lotion I stood reading the label of [and later bought], the cashier talked dark beer with me, and overall I just felt among 'my people.'

Yes, I'm a green freak and I like it. But at least I'm not alone.

0 comments: