CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day Thirteen/Day Fourteen

So there was a lack of updates yesterday due to a trip up to visit my sister and her husband. However, this actually resulted in an interesting development for this experiment.

Last night involved an evening out with a bit of drinking [I stuck with beer to avoid any sugary fruit drinks], but I still woke up feeling refreshed this morning. That is, until we went out for lunch. Now, understandably, I cannot possibly check the ingredients list on things prepared at a restaurant, but it was a free meal that I was not about to refuse. We started with an onion ring tower, complete with sides of ranch, honey mustard, and chipolte dipping sauce. Now frankly, I know all of those sauces included some form of sugar, but I indulged...and lived to regret it. I've felt like crap all afternoon. From right after lunch til currently typing this, I've felt sluggish, had a headache, and just generally felt like the beginnings of the flu and I'm sure it's a result of the sugar.

This article actually describes this effect pretty precisely: http://www.westonaprice.org/transition/sugars.html

And now you must excuse me while I retreat back under a blanket and continue to feel like I'm dying.

0 comments: