CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day Ten.

So the universe must be conspiring against me.

Today, for the third time since starting this experiment, there were treats at work.

My first Monday off sugar a co-worker made an entire week's worth of what everyone referred to as 'the best cookies ever' and brought a bag into work.

Yesterday, another co-worker brought in the fruit salsa and cinnamon/sugar chips.

Today, there was birthday cake.

Now normally at my office, birthday cake means DQ ice cream cake...ice cream cake I can resist. I know I'm a bit of a freak for this, but I'm not such a big fan of DQ's cakes. I'd much rather have good old-fashioned birthday cake with real cake and real icing. Call me sentimental, but that's what I like. Today, they bought real cake. A sugary, vanilla/chocolate confection that was made to torture my will power. It sat less than ten feet away from me all afternoon.

But the thing is, now that I'm starting so see so many benefits from this experiment, it's not just a matter of 'should I' when it comes to the temptation of sweets, it's 'do I really even want to?' I have a feeling that even once this experiment is over I'll splurge only for the really worthy desserts...like dark chocolate. But cheap Walmart cake? I think I'll pass.

0 comments: