CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Round 2: Day Twenty - Day Twenty-five

Alright, so I'm a bad blogger, but this time it's actually not my fault. My computer has been spontaneously shutting down for the past week, leaving me unprepared to work on anything important for fear of loosing all work accomplished. However, I'm awaiting the arrival of a brand new MacBook Pro this week so things should be looking up, who knows, perhaps I'll try some vlogging with my new I-sight camera.

To catch up [quickly in anticipation of an unexpected shut down], this week has been about resolutions. Despite this sugar free project, I have been less than exemplary in my eating habits as of late. Granted, I'm not eating candy by the handful, but the meals I've been consuming generally consist of organically sweetened cereals and pure maple syrup soaked french toast [which, btw was delicious]. And while this eating has not translated into sudden obesityby any means, it hasn't gone completely unnoticed by my body either. Now, don't hate me, but most of the time all it takes for my weight to return to 'normal' is just a little over a week of conscious eating and an extra 15 minutes added on to my workout every day. So that's what this week's resolution was: fruits, veggies, tea, water and some very sore muscles.

Anyway, back to my sugar free existence: in general most cravings have subsided. As I've mentioned, tea helps A LOT, but dessert has finally become a 'take it or leave it' option. That being said, stress can still become a factor. Example a: Monday night. I came home from work in need of some comfort food and decided to indulge in an organic chocolate peanut butter granola bar with my evening tea...one turned into two...two turned into three...and when I finally closed that box, I then broke out the dark chocolate for a few more pieces of indulgence.

This tends to be my problem with sweets and sugar, I have no middle ground. Like any true addict, the options are either abstinence or gluttony. Granted, when I'm in a steady state of mind and things are going well, I am completely in control. But the second I let my guard down, I'm a whole box of chocolates in with a bag of peanut M&M's on standby. As this project comes to a clost in a few days, this is the factor that concerns me: while I would like to return to moderate consumption of whatever sweets I choose, I'm aware that there could be some nights where the fall from the wagon is quite steap. So I'll probably attempt to keep up the sugar-free existence until that night of weakness comes.

In the meantime, the commercial I just saw for dark chocolate Reeses Cups will haunt my dreams.

0 comments: