CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Round 2: Day Nineteen.

I really am a hot tea addict. Thank goodness for my air conditioner or I'd never get cool enough to indulge.

Really, for me, the biggest hurdle in avoiding sugar is the habit. I imagine it's something similar to a smoker trying to quit. When you're used to having a cigarette after a meal or with your coffee, it's hard to finish a cup of joe without that familiar itch. I get the antsiest for sugar right after eating. I actually think I've become accustomed to rushing thru the meal to get to dessert. I have to force myself to slow down and enjoy, knowing there's nothing to come after. On those days where I get that post-meal sugar twitch that just can't be kicked, a cup of hot tea serves two purposes: 1. it's a great way to slowly indulge in those few small pieces of organic dark chocolate, letting it slowly melt with the warm brew in my mouth and 2. some days just looking forward to the tea is enough to stop the sugar twitch. Just the other night, I sat down with both a cup of tea and my last Green & Black bar after dinner, only to leave the chocolate completely untouched.

Progress.

0 comments: