CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Round 2: Day Twelve.

Something you may not know if you've never waited tables: your server doesn't get a lunch break. Sometimes your server probably hasn't eaten anything for the past 6 or 7 hours. Because service shifts are generally supposed to be shorter than the average work day, there usually isn't a planned 'break' at any point during the shift. Plus, when your job is to serve people their lunch break meal, when do you think you'll find the time to have one of your own?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just explaining a common aspect of the job so you can understand that on days like today, I work almost 7 hours with no food whatsoever. So when someone hands me a free piece of laughy taffy, I take it, ponder for about an hour over whether I should eat it, and finally get hungry enough that it doesn't matter anymore that I have to blog about my cheat later in the evening. But no diet cheat ever goes unpunished and I immediately became cursed with a sugar sore throat. [The laughy taffy ingredients list pretty much looks like this: sugar, corn syrup, and partial hydrogenated soybean oil. yum, right?]

After work, I came home and was asleep within the hour, slept solid for about two. Practically narcoleptic. I've been doing that a lot lately and I'm not sure if I should blame sugar withdrawal or my own bad sleep patterns, but it has to stop soon.

Of course, then how could I get these 3am blog posts out there into the world?

0 comments: