CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day Twenty-Five/Day Twenty-Six.

So I made an amazing food discovery tonight. Morning Star's Vegetarian buffalo chicken. I only gave up chicken a few months ago and the one item I can't shake the craving for it buffalo chicken. These little things not only fit the bill, but taste amazing. Seriously, I could serve them to hard core meat eaters and they wouldn't notice the difference. It was only after devouring a plate full for dinner that I thought to look at the box. The ingredients list, which is very long [I said they were vegetarian, not necessarily healthy], had sugar buried in the middle. Oh well, you live, you learn.

And speaking of items with unexpected sweetness, the one item I CANNOT WAIT to get back to in four days is...Miracle Whip. I'm loving the benefits of a nearly sugarless existence and will probably continue most of them even after the 30 days are up, but I will never again abandon my Miracle Whip. I've always been a hard core fan [Mayo ain't got nothing on the Whip], but after depriving myself for three weeks, the bottle calls to me every time I open the fridge. Will power I have, but it can only go so far.

Oh, and yesterday's banana nut muffins turned out surprisingly delicious. I had to substitute agave nectar for the brown rice syrup [I found rice VINEGAR in my search, but not syrup, weird.], but I looked up substitutions online and got them pretty well settled. BTW, agave nectar is not only a natural sweetener that doesn't spike your blood sugar like refined sugar does, but it's also nearly twice as sweet. Most substitutions only call for half as much in baking and cooking. Check out the info I found here.

Oh, and have I mentioned how fighting strong my immune system has become? Everyone around me is getting sick but I'm on top of my game [physically anyway, mentally, I'd rather stay in bed than work tomorrow, but that's a whole other story].

0 comments: