CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Round 2: Day Three.

Confession: Only three days in and I've already had a slip.
Well, not so much a slip as a conscious decision to break the rules.

Here's the scenario: Today, a friend came in to visit me at the restaurant where I wait tables. Said friend had just spent her evening in town on my couch free of charge so as a sort of payment, she left me part of everything she ordered: appetizer, main course...and dessert. To be fair, the dessert was more than half gone, there only remained a few large bites on her plate. However, as I rushed back to box up my portion of deliciousness, I remembered this blog.

But this was FREE CHEESECAKE! [And rather pricey cheesecake at that.] While I'm not one to break my own rules, I'm also not one to waste good food. I'm a poor city girl and free cheesecake is free cheesecake, no matter how you slice it [pun intended]. So I ate it. And with the rush of sugar into my bloodstream, I instantly felt that comfort that only chocolate or a glass of good wine can give you.

Then, about ten minutes later, the sore throat that had finally disappeared after a week of threatening laryngitis suddenly returned. And just a few minutes after that came the stomach ache. Maybe it was guilt, maybe it was the quick pace in which I shoveled food into my face before returning to work, but most likely it was the 66 grams of sugar I'd just inhaled. [ok, so I didn't have a full serving size, but you get the idea.] And the worst part is that, while delicious, I wasn't even craving the cheesecake to begin with.

Lesson learned, back to the program.

0 comments: